Monday, January 9, 2012

Feeling Down hour

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that everyday at around 4PM I start to get tired and start feeling REALLY melancholy. Like, Here Comes the Sun but to a more extreme level. It's a really weird feeling. Like time and space slow down or something. It's around this time of the day that I sit down, start listening to kinda melancholy music and draw idly for a while until there's someone to talk to. I'm not super sure but it's a bit of an enjoyable feeling sitting there while some magical cosmic energy makes you feel like time has turned into a long tunnel or something. That's as close as I can get to describing the feeling of melancholy. A happy mixed with sadness that stretches for eternity. I'm so poetic. I need to be paid for this.

The music I listen to during this time usually heavily influences my drawing. Kinda in an artistic way. Like if I listened to metal, I wouldn't start drawing fake religious symbols or anything but more sharpness would be there. And I usually just listen to the same song 30 times until I finish my drawing because it's kinda dragging on like the melancholy feeling, I usually find listening to another song breaks my concentration during this time anyway. It's almost like the song is the carrier of this melancholy afternoon energy.

Recently, I've been listening to some BigBang stuff. You know k-pop right? I shouldn't even ask that question. Wow... Kids react to k-pop got me a bit annoyed at some of the kids. But I'm naive and biased as s*** so don't take my anger seriously. Especially "Love Song" and "Haru Haru" (the latter of which is telling a sad story too) over and over again. It adds to the melancholy and also stabilizes it.
The melancholy feeling usually ends after a while, around 5:30 - 7PM but I'm feeling a bit melancholy just by writing this. I feel like I have so much more to say and explain, but I'll just end it here before I start writing forever on a never ending story.

No comments:

Post a Comment